New student orientation programs are designed to guide students to start their new adventure in GUC. Prior to the beginning of academic classes, students are given an overview of the complete experience from academic to social activities, through a period of a few days referred to as orientation. The orientation program is handled by Student Affairs Department and the purposes of this program are:
- To introduce students to tertiary level life
- To brief students on all the procedures related to their studies in GUC
- To familiarise the students with the portal and Geo Learning Management System for academic support through hands-on training.
- To acclimatise students to their new surrounding
- To provide opportunity for the University members to meet the newest addition to the community
- To introduce the amazing places and activities accessible in the capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
The orientation program offers students the opportunity to become acquainted with GUC, its staff, fellow students, courses, facilities, and environment. It is also an opportune time for students to make new friends, learn their way around campus and get to know the social and sporting clubs and societies that may interest them.